Multimedia Designer, Web Developer, Videographer & Photographer
Experience in Product Design, Graphic Design, Web Development, Videography & Photography
Multidisciplinary creative with experience in product design, graphic design, web development, videography and photography. Confident in UI/UX design, driven to create intuitive and slick-looking digital products that people will love using. Proficient in Figma creating designs to support the development of websites, apps, and digital products. Recent projects include the user interface design of the Challenge Social app and both the design and development of their website. Considering myself hard-working and detail-orientated, able to work both collaboratively and independently. Enjoy continuously growing my skills set.
- Time Management
- Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Google G Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- HTML & CSS
- Basic jQuery & JS
Product DesignerAug 2022 - Present • 1 yr 6 mos
Web Designer & Front-end DeveloperMay 2022 - Aug 2022 • 4 mos
Product Designer & Brand ManagerJul 2020 - Apr 2022 • 1 yr 10 mos
Responsible for the UI/UX design of the Challenge Social app. Working with the dev team to develop solutions that could compete with the big social networks, within a restricted budget and schedule. Undertaking interface design, prototyping, wireframes and the creative direction of the app and brand. Setting the visual and aesthetic standards for the brand; creating all digital and print media.
- Central in generating innovative UI designs and prototypes for new app features using Figma, whilst updating older screens to improve the UX. Major redesigns included the ‘Create Challenge’ flow, ‘Newsfeed’ and ‘Responses’ screens.
- Designed the Challenge Social web app and platform management portal from the ground up, taking a complex set of requirements and producing an innovative, user-friendly and consistent experience across devices.
- Successfully generated interest from venture capital firms by creating a cohesive, effective company pitch deck which highlighted the product, market position and team’s achievements.
- Designed and built the upcoming version of the company website from scratch, creating the site as a hand-coded WordPress theme, using Advanced Custom Fields to make managing and updating content easy for the whole team.
- Liaised with the marketing team to create App Store and Play Store branding for the app, which achieved 56th and 48th place in the charts respectively during the launch week.
Videographer & Graphic DesignerNov 2019 - Jul 2020 • 9 mos
Joining early in the startup stage, shaping and developing the look of the brand’s visual identity. Responsible for creating a wide rage of inventive video and visual content from UI designs and UX improvements to posters, presentations, short-form videos and social media posts. Working with key stakeholders to ensure a unique, unified and cohesive brand presence.
- Worked with brand ambassadors to create engaging challenges and explainer-style videos; planned as part of the brand’s social media strategy. Responsible for filming, editing and creating graphics for the videos using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Built upon the initial UI for the MVP app, redesigns include the ‘Profile’ and ‘Challenge Details’ screens. Moved designs from Adobe Illustrator to Figma for a more collaborative workflow and created the app’s style guide to assist development.
- Corporate identity and graphical solutions; developed and improved the visual and strategic aspects of the brand identity, designing the company’s website and making key decisions on fonts, colours, style and other marketing decisions.
Freelance Videographer, Photographer & Graphic DesignerSep 2018 - Aug 2019 • 1 yr
Produced branding and promotional material for use on print, digital and social media. Generated designs with high visual impact and video content creatively communicating the brand's message. Edited video using Adobe Premiere Pro and retouched images using Adobe Photoshop.
- Created an original promotional video to attract new members for the upcoming academic year.
- Designed the 2018 ‘Welcome Meetup’ event flyer, seeing a 230% increase in numbers from 2017.
- Digital versions of the flyer were promoted across social media reaching over 4300 people with 200 people paying £10 to join the society within the first two months.
Freelance VideographerDec 2017 - Jan 2019 • 1 yr 2 mos
Created key promotional videos for festive events to boost bookings. Responsible for lighting, filming, motion graphics, colour grading and editing based on client feedback whilst ensuring brand consistency.
- Produced promotional videos for Café Rouge’s Christmas and New Year's social media campaigns which garnered a large amount of online interactions, reached over 44,000 people and collected more than 130 bookings each.
Freelance VideographerMay 2018 - Oct 2018 • 6 mos
Created a variety of videos for high-end clients including Marriott International and Ei Group. Responsible for casting actors, and filming interviews, pieces to camera with autocues, timelapses and cutaways whilst using camera stabilisers such as DJI Ronin. Confident in editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, colour grading footage and creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effects.
- Created a series of engaging educational training videos covering marketing in the hospitality sector to be used by Marriott's restaurants and bars internationally to increase footfall and generate more sales.
- Produced a series of in-depth social media training videos for Ei Group to educate their pub owners in how to best utilise social media and increase their online presence to build their client base and boost sales.
Freelance VideographerJan 2018 - Apr 2018 • 4 mos
Generated ideas and liaised with the client to assist pre-production then produced a thought-provoking promotional video. Worked to a brief to film cutaways and interview the charities staff and residents. Worked to design assets, sound design, editing and colour grading using Adobe Premiere Pro and Lumetri Colour.
- Created a promotional video to be used on their website and at fundraising events, showcasing what the charity has to offer and its importance in the community. The video considerably increased St John's website and social media traffic.
Freelance VideographerFeb 2018 - Mar 2018 • 1 mo
Worked with key stakeholders to produce an engaging, educational, promotional video to both showcase the story of the town's history and to be used as promotional material. Responsible for generating ideas and concepts to meet the client’s needs as well as liaising with museum staff to locate the optimal archive photos to convey the story, digitising, restoring and animating photos using Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. Designed a rich audio landscape to accompany the visuals, mixed and levelled using Adobe Audition.
- Created a 2.5D promotional video utilising photo restoration, animation and sound design. Used on their website which generated numerous enquiries for Emsworth Museum.
MA, Digital Media Practice in Advertising, Marketing & Branding DesignSep 2018 - Sep 2019
BA (Hons), Broadcast Television and Media ProductionSep 2015 - Mar 2018
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, Creative Media ProductionSep 2013 - Jul 2015
GCSEs include Photography, Art, Design & Technology, English, Maths and ScienceJan 2007 - Jul 2013
- HTML Essential Training (LinkedIn Learning)
- CSS Essential Training (LinkedIn Learning)
- The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Google Digital Garage
- Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Associate in Digital Video Using Adobe Premiere Pro
Photography, travelling, television, films, socialising, hiking and cycling.
Available on request.